none
Can't globally deploy solution. SharePoint 2013 SP1 November 2017 CU.

Question

• Can't globally deploy solution. SharePoint 2013 SP1 November 2017 CU.

I have three servers in my farm (WFE, APP, IDX). There are two started Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Web Application  services in farm. A can add my new solution. But I can't globally deploy it. After deploing I see that my solution not deployed and in details that it deployed only WFE. I tried to install solution via SP 2013 PS, but it can't helped me. This solution has one feature with one timer job.

Sunday, February 10, 2019 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Zaytsev,

My assumption is this could be any permission issue so please check that ID has local administrator permission on that server and check is that ID has Read/write permission on GAC folder   (C:\Windows\assembly\GAC)

and also check whether that ID has dbowner permission on Configuration database and SharePoint Administrator database.

if the above steps doesn't help then check timer service instance in that server

$farm = Get-SPFarm
    $timer =$farm.TimerService.Instances | Where {$_.Status -ne "Online"}

The above command line will help you to filter the offline timer services

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

• Marked as answer by ZaytsevVV Monday, February 11, 2019 12:46 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:32 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure the SharePoint Timer Service running on all the servers.

Restart the this service on all the servers if required and try deploying your solution again.

Here are some similar posts for your references:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/838ad7d3-db96-47b1-8729-fd171de45580/solution-not-deploying-to-all-servers?forum=sharepointadmin

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/36c28661-e896-4a8b-94cd-3e0c6536bdbc/solution-is-not-deployed-in-specific-server-in-the-farm?forum=sharepointgenerallegacy

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, February 11, 2019 6:58 AM
  • I restarted all farm servers. But the problem still exist.
    Monday, February 11, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried restart the SharePoint Timer Service on all servers?

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, February 11, 2019 9:29 AM
  • I have restarted SharePoint Timer Service on all servers in the farm. But the problem still exist.

My solution is in "Manage Solutions" list but it's status is "not deployed". I have 2 another farms (development and test) and there is no such problem on them. I tried deploy solution via PS and via GUI, but no errors and no status changes.

Monday, February 11, 2019 10:01 AM
  • Hi Zaytsev,

My assumption is this could be any permission issue so please check that ID has local administrator permission on that server and check is that ID has Read/write permission on GAC folder   (C:\Windows\assembly\GAC)

and also check whether that ID has dbowner permission on Configuration database and SharePoint Administrator database.

if the above steps doesn't help then check timer service instance in that server

$farm = Get-SPFarm
    $timer =$farm.TimerService.Instances | Where {$_.Status -ne "Online"}

The above command line will help you to filter the offline timer services

Thivagar SEGAR
    [If this Post helps you, then please don't forget to mark it answer or Vote for this post]

• Marked as answer by ZaytsevVV Monday, February 11, 2019 12:46 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hello, Thivagar. The user has local administrator permission on server, but doesn't have dbowner permission (only sharepoint_shell_access, SPDataAccess and WSS_Content_Application_Pools roles in both dbs (config+admin) and db_accessadmin role in config).There is no GAC folder in C:\Windows\assembly. The output of your command above is:

PS C:\Users\farm_admin> $timer

TypeName                         Status   Id
    --------                         ------   --
    Timer Microsoft SharePoint F... Disabled 89b8cf78-4957-4328-938b-e22fd2fd3e43

Monday, February 11, 2019 11:38 AM
  • TypeName                         Status   Id
    --------                         ------   --
    Таймер Microsoft SharePoint F... Online   655d8d63-6c2f-4586-8c1d-5e32a39b243d
    Таймер Microsoft SharePoint F... Online   c07975cd-982f-4e1d-aca4-4582e88dd906
    Таймер Microsoft SharePoint F... Disabled 89b8cf78-4957-4328-938b-e22fd2fd3e43
    Monday, February 11, 2019 11:47 AM
  • Hi Zaytsev,

Use the below thread to enable your timer service in your environment 

http://www.sharepointdiary.com/2016/03/enable-disable-timer-jobs-using-powershell-in-sharepoint.html

once you are done, then re-deploy your package globally.

Thivagar SEGAR

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:18 PM
  • I started timer service on APP

PS C:\Users\farm_admin> $timer.Status = [Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPObjectStatus]::Online

PS C:\Users\farm_admin> $timer.Update()

Now I'm waiting for finish deploing

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:39 PM
  • I restarted windows timer service on all farm servers and my solution successfully delpoyed.

Thank you Thivagar SEGAR!

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:48 PM
  • Zaytsev,

Glad to hear that your issue got resolved.. Well Done !!!

Tc Bye ..

Thivagar SEGAR

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:50 PM