How to stop the wizard operation (IWizard) in Project Template concept. RRS feed

• Question

•  I have one project template with wizard concept. When choosing the Template , it will show the wizard to configure the product. 

The wizard contains two buttons  

1.Finish

2. Cancel

When finish button is clicked i want to generate the project based on the option chosen in the wizard. This one i have already done using wizard concept in project template.

When Cancel button is clicked i want to stop the project generation and close the wizard simply. how can i stop the project generation and close the wizard with out any exception ?

I have also tried the below link solution. but it never works for me..

http://windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2007/06/06/developing-visual-studio-project-wizards.html?page=6

Any help ?

Thanks,

siva

• Edited by Siva Rajini Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:12 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Siva,

You just throw the WizardCancelledException to cancel the wizard execution. The exception will be handled by the engine that invoked your wizard, and cancel its execution.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hi siva,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Lucy Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:25 AM
  • Hi Siva,

You just throw the WizardCancelledException to cancel the wizard execution. The exception will be handled by the engine that invoked your wizard, and cancel its execution.

Sincerely,

Ed Dore

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 6:54 PM