none
Create multiple ST_SE segments within one ISA_IEA envelope using BizTalk 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    I am using BizTalk server 2009 for 837 outbound file generation. My 837 file should have one ISA_IEA segments in a file and the claims submitted by each provider should be created within each ST_SE segment. From the SQL DB I am receiving the claims information for each provider and trying to append them in a single file after the HIPAA assembler. The HIPAA assembler is creating ISA_IEA for each ST_SE and appending it in the file. How can I create multiple ST_SE segments within a single ISA_IEA segment.
    Saturday, November 7, 2009 12:08 AM

Answers

• In order to acomplish the multiple ST-SE use the multiple HIPAA schema. The file will be created individually. Of course your select statement will also have to include a single record. I currently do this for all my maps and it works very well. Of course I recomend using an orchestration and using the multiple schema as well so that the orchestration splits the messages individually. Then it is very easy to manage each file individually, but you have to use the right schema. It is a lot easier than what it looks. Let me know if you have questions.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if a Post has Answered the Question
    Monday, November 9, 2009 3:02 PM
  • Hi,
        You can use following tutorial to make you custome solution:
    http://blog.biztalk-info.com/archive/2009/01/29/BizTalk_2006_R2_X12_EDI_Batching.aspx

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried enabling Batching under the EDI properties of the Party.
    Go To Party as Interchange Receiver -->Interchange Batch Creation Settings. Under Interchange batch creation settings you need to specify settings related to batching such as Maximum number of transaction sets in Group and interchange. You can also define the Filer expression if required. Hope this should be helpful.

Regards
    Vishnu

Vishnu
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:37 AM
  • In order to acomplish the multiple ST-SE use the multiple HIPAA schema. The file will be created individually. Of course your select statement will also have to include a single record. I currently do this for all my maps and it works very well. Of course I recomend using an orchestration and using the multiple schema as well so that the orchestration splits the messages individually. Then it is very easy to manage each file individually, but you have to use the right schema. It is a lot easier than what it looks. Let me know if you have questions.
    Monday, November 9, 2009 3:02 PM
  • It I use the multiple schema, then I will get around 50,000 messages. Also I believe, if I give each message to the Assembler, then it will create ISA-IEA for each message. Please clarrify.

Also I saw an option in the "Receive port" to get messages in a batch. If I use a receive port to take 100 messages at a time in a batch and get the output using the EDI assembler in the send port, will this create a single file with correct hierarchy of ST-SE and ISA-IEA?

How can I group some 1000 messages under one ISA-IEA and 100 messages under each ST-SE?
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 6:17 AM
  • Do it on the stored procedure. For exmample

Select top 1000 from table
    for xml...

then update those 1000 records so that the next time you come around you do not grab them
    update table
    set column = 'Y' where ....

now you have all 1000 records in an xml file that you can use for the map. Pass it to biztalk and your are done. You can also do it other ways, but I found this one to be easiest becasue I can control the records in a table and build reports based on the records that I control on that table. I hope this helps.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:41 PM
  • Hi,
        You can use following tutorial to make you custome solution:
    http://blog.biztalk-info.com/archive/2009/01/29/BizTalk_2006_R2_X12_EDI_Batching.aspx

Thanks
    Gyan
    If this answers your question, please mark it as "Answered".
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 11:31 AM
  • Carlos,
    I have an input xml schema where i group my claims for a specific Provider and Client and then have their claims , its the order in which i get my input for a 837P mapping. Here is it possible to use a Multiple 837P HIPAA schema? so that i can create a individual file for every claim transaction set? Also I can limit the Claims that are sent to have just 27 service lines here and rest of them can come in another transaction set? i mean if there are more than 27 service lines, i can pass them altogether in next transaction?

Also is it possible to bundle all the individual claims while sending them out? I have to create multiple ST segments for every 1500 transactions (2300 Claims).

let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!
    Ram
    Friday, January 22, 2010 5:24 AM