none
Use MAPISendMailHelper Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• hello all.

I'd need to sent Unicode mails using MAPI and Windows 7. Is it possible?. I've read that I should use MAPISendMailHelper in Windows 7 but when I try to do that I get an exception. I suppose I'm doing something wrong. Does someone know where I could find an example? I've installed the SDK package for windows 8 but what should I do later to get the 'good' dll?

Anyway, I've read that MAPISendMailHelper will send an Ansi email if MAPISendMailW is not available...

As you can see I'm lost...I hope someone can help me to understand it.

Thank you in advance.

Monday, March 23, 2015 12:38 PM

All replies

• The MAPISendMailW function page in MSDN states the following:

On Windows 7 and earlier:  Install the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows 8 and use MAPISendMailHelper to send a unicode message.

It looks like the required Mapi32.dll file is located in the SDK.

Monday, March 23, 2015 12:52 PM
  • Hi Eugene.

Thank you for you answer. I thought it but I cannot find it... I've seen the MapiSendMailHelper.h. Maybe I have to use it... I'm really lost. 

Has someone worked with it?

Regards.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:13 AM
  • By the way, it is possible that some of our clients work with Outlook 2010 or earlier and windows 7. Is possible to use MapiSendMailHelper in that cases to send unicode emails? because I've read in some comments that it is not possible.

Besides, the MapiSendmailHelper documentation says;

"Takes Unicode message information and sends the message using MAPISendMailW or, if necessary, converts the message to ANSI and sends the message using MAPISendMail."

If uses MAPISendMailW, and it is just available in Windows 8... should I assume that it won't sent unicode emails under windows 7? If it is not the case, when it will use MapiSendMail and when MapiSendMailW?

Thanks again!

• Edited by SScorm Tuesday, March 24, 2015 10:27 AM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2015 8:22 AM