How to WebDeploy publish a subfolder from the command line? RRS feed

• Question

• User1535111871 posted

(Crossposted from StackOverflow)

I have a small ClickOnce app in production for which I've been manually deploying regular updates for download from my website. I'm now working on automating my build/publish cycle.

Using VS2013, I'm able to publish a subfolder under my website's root folder by right-clicking the subfolder and selecting Publish <name of subfolder>. I do this so that I can push application changes into production without necessarily including website changes that I'm still working on.

This routine works well manually, but it's tedious, error-prone and it begs for automation. I've found information on how to command-line deploy a full website, but nothing on how to do so with only a subset of a website. It's possible manually, so I'm hopeful that it can be done automatically as well.

Advice and tips are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jeff Bowman
    Fairbanks, Alaska

Saturday, July 19, 2014 3:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• User-166373564 posted

Hi Jeff,

I've found information on how to command-line deploy a full website, but nothing on how to do so with only a subset of a website. It's possible manually, so I'm hopeful that it can be done automatically as well.

According to your description above, I think your issue is related to MS Deploy using command line.

Here is the sample for you.

http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/deployment/visual-studio-web-deployment/command-line-deployment 

In addition, you could also consider getting help from IIS forum via Web Deployment Tool (MS Deploy) portal, our IIS experts can help you there.

Best regards

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 21, 2014 1:46 AM
  • User1535111871 posted

Thank you Angie, I'll try posting over there as well.

Thanks,
    Jeff Bowman
    Fairbanks, Alaska

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 8:26 PM