none
Uninstall NET Framework in Add & Remove Programs RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Gateway DX420X desktop, I Installed Vista Home Premium up-grade 32bit on to of my win XP. I am having some trouble with Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB929729)

I get Windows Update error 80070002 and windows tells me to delete the temp windows up-date files. I did that and re-ran win up-date. Tried again to install NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB929729) and I received error 643

For error 643 I found several threads saying the following:

Basically, it involves un-installing .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service pack 1. !!PROBLEM!! (I can’t remove any of the framework files in add and remove programs. When I click on the framework files the uninstall button disappears. If I click on any of the MS win updates the uninstall button appears. How do I uninstall the NET Framework files? I can see what to do after I get rid of the Framework files, see below.

Then download and use (Run as Administrator) the Windows Installer CleanUp
    Utility, and remove all references to .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service
    pack 1 (only!)

Then reinstall .NET Framework Version 1.1 Service pack 1:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Then run Windows Update again, to install KB929729.

Hopfuly someone can help. If I can fix this I have another issue with the sound. Sence I installed vista it says no audio device installed?

Thanks pjump

Wednesday, August 6, 2008 3:26 AM

Answers

•  If you cannot remove .NET Framework in Add/Remove Program, it’s recommended to use .NET Framework cleanup tool:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/12/04/6659905.aspx

Additionally FYI: Vista is shipped with .NET 3.0 as its Windows component, so you cannot remove .NET 2.0/3.0 from the Vista.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Tuesday, August 12, 2008 2:46 AM
    Friday, August 8, 2008 3:51 AM