none
Do You Want To Save Changes To The Layout Of Table.. RRS feed

• Question

• After table layout changes.., appears Warning: Do You Want To Save Changes To The Layout Of Table..

===============  there is Missing button , +++ALLWAYS-NO+++ iconfused.gif===============

All my Changes ...are Column-width-changes in open Table (browse mode, NOT-DESIGN-MODE)
    ===============
    I set Warnings OFF...it works fine, but <
    When i run a code (Shortcut-macro, Menu-function,... for example make copy of table), at the end,
    Warnings is AGAIN ++ON++iconfused.gif
    ===============

dBase,FoxPro,MS Access 2003,(2010=Not rec.),Office 2010&#43;ACC.2013 ,Symbian C&#43;&#43;AC.2013.SystemResource.GetCurrentFreeSize=?

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 12:36 PM

Answers

• Hi PACALA_BA,

>> I set Warnings OFF...it works fine, but <  When i run a code (Shortcut-macro, Menu-function,... for example make copy of table), at the end,  Warnings is AGAIN

I have a little confused about this. At this, you said warning up in your code, at later, you said you want to ignore the message when you manually close the table. What you have achieved, and what you want. If you mean that you want to not show up the warning when you manually close the table, I am afraid that it is impossible. There is no settings for this.
    If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 17, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• Are you asking a question?  If the purpose of your post is to complain about an Access behavior that is by design, then posting it to this forum is not going to accomplish anything.  Maybe you should make a list of what you think are design flaws and post them on Microsoft's Connect website, http://connect.microsoft.com/ .  Unfortunately, so far as I can tell, Connect isn't currently accepting bugs/suggestions for Access, but presumably it will at some later point in the product cycle.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:28 PM
  • Hi PACALA_BA,

>> When i run a code (Shortcut-macro, Menu-function,... for example make copy of table), at the end

Do you mean that you do not want to show up the confirm message when you close the table? If so, I suggest you use DoCmd.Close Method with Save parameter, the acSaveNo is for not saving the object, and the acSaveYes is for saving. Here is a simple code to close a table with saving.

DoCmd.Close acTable, "HyTest", acSaveYes

# DoCmd.Close Method (Access)
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff192860.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    If it did not work, please share us the code you run and steps to reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:28 AM
  • Do you mean that you do not want to show up the confirm message when you close the table? 
    ...YES
    DoCmd.Close acTable, "HyTest", acSaveYes

...YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, i do it in my Code....

BUT I NEED IT FOR MANUALLY TABLE BROWSING.... ++without any code++

There is missing ACCESS.OPTIONS.CLIENT-SETTINGS.EDITING.CONFIRM

++CONFIRM-TABLE-LAYOUT-CHANGES = YES/NO ++, i am allways "NO"

dBase,FoxPro,MS Access 2003,(2010=Not rec.),Office 2010+ACC.2013 ,Symbian C++, AC.2013.SystemResource.GetCurrentFreeSize=?

Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:23 PM
  • Hi PACALA_BA,

>> I set Warnings OFF...it works fine, but <  When i run a code (Shortcut-macro, Menu-function,... for example make copy of table), at the end,  Warnings is AGAIN

I have a little confused about this. At this, you said warning up in your code, at later, you said you want to ignore the message when you manually close the table. What you have achieved, and what you want. If you mean that you want to not show up the warning when you manually close the table, I am afraid that it is impossible. There is no settings for this.
    If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Edward

Friday, July 17, 2015 8:02 AM
  • If you mean that you want to not show up the warning when you manually close the table, I am afraid that it is impossible. There is no settings for this

........YES EXACTLY THIS...........,cryhard.gif,cryhard.gif,cryhard.gif

I am afraid TOO

i can do it in code, but i need it for manually table/datasheet browsing, i do it very often dailly.....

dBase,FoxPro,MS Access 2003,(2010=Not rec.),Office 2010+ACC.2013 ,Symbian C++, AC.2013.SystemResource.GetCurrentFreeSize=?

Friday, July 17, 2015 1:18 PM
  • Good Morning Pacala_Ba,

The normal use of Access is to have all data interaction at the Form & Report Object level. Access is not really designed to have such control over Tables as you trying to have. You can however use a Form in "datasheet view" and have some control that way. You can even use certain resizing through VBA with warnings turned off. This is more in line with the design of the program.

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Friday, July 17, 2015 1:35 PM
  • I HAVE LARGE NUMBER OF DIFFERENT -STRUCTURE-TABLES...

I am running allways WARNINGS=OFF...

I use this shortcut menu..to close all in ONE CLICK

I CAN NOT UPLOAD MY IMAGE...UPLOAD STILL WORKING....?!!

• Edited by PACALA_BA Friday, July 17, 2015 3:25 PM
    Friday, July 17, 2015 3:19 PM
  • I CAN NOT UPLOAD MY IMAGE...UPLOAD STILL WORKING....?!!

ONLY 75 KB....,,pullhair.gif,pullhair.gifpullhair.gif

Friday, July 17, 2015 3:27 PM
  • Hi PACALA_BA,

As you tried and found, it is impossible to not show up the warning when you manually close the table. You might refer the reply from Chris for a workaround.

If this is a feature you want to include in future versions of Access, please submit a feedback as picture below:

In addition, due to the less Points, you could not upload your image, you could upload your image to OneDrive, and then post link here.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, July 20, 2015 7:01 AM