Package Load Failure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

When I try loading in a C# Project into the Visual Studio 2005 IDE, I suddenly get the following error:

'Visual Studio XML Editor Package' has failed to load properly (GUID={...}).

Everything was fine until last night and then suddenly this error appeared from nowhere. I've tried:

1. Repair/Reinstall VS2005 (three times - it started working after the first time...!)
    2. devenv /setup

I'm guessing a package needs to be reinstalled that Vs2005 doesn't repair/reinstall but I have NO idea which this could be. Any ideas would be most welcome.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Ahmad
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 10:01 AM

Answers

• The XML editor is part of the core VS setup so it should be repaired.  You could try running devenv with /resetpkgs option.  This will reset all packages so you'll lose any custom packages you might have.  If that doesn't work then it is possible there is a conflict between VS and an add-in you have.  Has VS2005 been running fine for a while?  What did you change recently to cause the sudden error?  Are you running SP1 of VS?  If you're running Vista do you have the SP1 Update?

Michael Taylor - 7/10/08
    http://p3net.mvps.org
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 3:17 PM