Intellitest unable to generate unit tests for all methods in a controller RRS feed

• Question

• User413900891 posted

Hi,

My team is working on a .NET MVC project & has been tasked to devise the unit tests for controllers using Intellitest. VS 2015 Enterprise edition IDE  is being used.

Issues:

1. With .NET framework version 4.6.1, Intellitest is able to generate tests only for some methods present in any controller. Expectation is that tests need to be generated for every method under the controller. 
    2. With .NET framework version 4.7.2, Intellitest is unable to generate any tests all of the methods present in any controller. Expectation is that tests need to be generated for every method under the controller. 
    3.  I am using VS 2017 Enterprise IDE & facing the same issues.

No errors are reported in VS IDE during INtellitest or build process.

Kindly guide me in fixing these issues.

Do let me know if any more info need to be provided.

-Kunal

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:22 AM

All replies

• User1120430333 posted

Kindly guide me in fixing these issues.

You can post to a unit test forum.

On the other hand, your team can be taught how to write unit tests so that they can write them themselves. 

Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:49 AM
  • User-271186128 posted

Hi Kunal,

Pleas check the methods type and make sure the type is public. To generate unit tests, your types must be public. More details about using Intellitest, please check this article.

If still not working, you could try to create the Unit Tests by yourself. Or, you could post your question to Intellitest forum.

Best regards,
    Dillion

Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:45 AM