ASP.Net Session Issue RRS feed

• Question

• User1022619212 posted

Hi All,

I am setting cookieless="false" in session state which means it stores session in cookies.

I am loggin to my application with user credentials.

My problem is when login to my other sharepoint application and logout. I am automatically gets log off from my previous application.

Can anyone tell me what is the exact issue?

Monday, October 3, 2011 7:51 AM

Answers

• User-1856974186 posted

It's possible the sharepoint apps use the same cookie name. Try chnaging your cooking name for the membership. Eg:

<authentication mode="Windows">
                <forms name=".ASPXAUTHMYAPP" loginUrl="login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" enableCrossAppRedirects="false">
                    <credentials passwordFormat="SHA1" />
                </forms>
            </authentication>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:47 AM

All replies

• User1079455108 posted

two possible reasons

1. logging out could be clearing out all the cookies relating with your site

2. when you loggin to multiple services, maybe they are assigned to the same session, when you logout you clear out that session.

could be something else, i am not sure

Monday, October 3, 2011 11:04 AM
  • User-1856974186 posted

It's possible the sharepoint apps use the same cookie name. Try chnaging your cooking name for the membership. Eg:

<authentication mode="Windows">
                <forms name=".ASPXAUTHMYAPP" loginUrl="login.aspx" defaultUrl="default.aspx" protection="All" timeout="30" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" cookieless="UseDeviceProfile" enableCrossAppRedirects="false">
                    <credentials passwordFormat="SHA1" />
                </forms>
            </authentication>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:47 AM