log to a computer using multi-factor authentication server RRS feed

• Question

• I'm looking for a way to implement two factor authentication with the Azure multi-factor authentication sever. I have a server installed on premises that applies 2FA to a VPN connection  that is working properly. Is there a way to implement this service for when users log to their computers on site? this is, authenticate a user when he sits in front of his computer and logs in.
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:30 PM

All replies

• Hello David, 

This is not possible currently with Azure Multifactor authentication. A similar feature request can be found here. I would recommend voting for this feature. 

Friday, June 21, 2019 1:48 PM
  • Hi David, 

Just checking in to see if the above reply was helpful to you. If so, do remember to "mark as answer" so that others in the community facing similar questions can more easily find a solution.

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:15 AM
    Owner
  • Hi David,

I use https://guide.duo.com/rdp to do this for PC's on-prem, which works well.  But it does take some config on the firewall device to get it all working.  It ties in well with AD though for groups to use for 2FA settings.

Thats obviously not Azure but Azure cant do this so its an alternative.  You can use MFA through Azure for server access though if you use a remote desktop gateway, so another option is to use Remote Desktop Services for your end users to use as their workstation via the Gateway so MFA works.

Thanks,

Matt

Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:55 AM