InfoPath 2013 Form - 255 Character Limit question RRS feed

• Question

• I have an InfoPath form library, and a user wants to use a view in the library to generate an Agenda for a meeting using the form fields. 

One of the fields exceeds 255 characters, so all the text from the form doesn't appear in the list view where they want to export the Agenda from into Excel. When the form is opened it displays fine.

To overcome this I was thinking of changing the text field via InfoPath Publishing wizard to allow editing in SharePoint, then converting it to multiple lines of text field from Library settings and allowing unlimited characters and then they can re-publish the form and all the text will appear in the list view.

Is there any drawbacks in this approach based on experience?, it works fine in my test area.

Monday, March 19, 2018 4:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Wilsmatt,

There is no drawbacks in your approach based on my experience.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Wilsmatt Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:15 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Wilsmatt,

There is no drawbacks in your approach based on my experience.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Wilsmatt Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:15 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 3:00 AM
  • Many Thanks Sara.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:15 PM