none
What statistics from the Dev Center is correct? Is the revenue correct? RRS feed

• Question

• The app this statistics is coming from is Tabstagram and is in the Social category.

Looking at App Purchases, 5 purchases of my app were made 24 nov. The average from the top 5 apps in this category is 4. So my app sold 1 more than the top 5 social apps? Is this statistics accurate? It seems very unlikely to me.

Looking at Usage on desktop, my app was used in average 46.99 min on 16 Nov and 7.13 min the day after that. This also seems to be inaccurate. The usage chart is stable for a few days and the suddenly drops just bumps up or down with a few 100% difference.

In the quality section, the crash rate has been standing still for quite some time. Is this statistics accurate?

With all this insecurity I start to wonder, is my revenue really accurate? Maybe I haven't sold for as much as it says cause all of the other statistics seem to be changed after a few days or not be accurate at all. So which of the statistics in the Dev Center can we trust?

Sunday, November 25, 2012 10:11 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Keep in mind that a refund may have been issued or the customer's card was declined so these things can cause your reports to fluctuate.

If you believe that the variations need more scrutiny we recommend that you contact Windows Store developer support so they can look at your account. 

Best regards,

-Eric

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 12:37 AM

All replies

• In an other thread a user is reporting that his revenue seems to be incorrect: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsstore/thread/1c960bfe-28cb-4b5a-96a7-27b49cd6070c

• Edited by Tabstagram Monday, November 26, 2012 6:33 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2012 6:32 AM
  • Hello,

Keep in mind that a refund may have been issued or the customer's card was declined so these things can cause your reports to fluctuate.

If you believe that the variations need more scrutiny we recommend that you contact Windows Store developer support so they can look at your account. 

Best regards,

-Eric

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 12:37 AM
  • The thread you are referring to was one-off case. We did have an issue there and that was because of the app being free on the Windows 8 pre-release version but was paid on Windows 8 release version. The downloads were incorrectly being shown as paid as the latest information at our end mentioned the app to be paid one. This issue had been fixed thereafter.  

While saying all this, let me also state that there was nothing wrong in financial reporting and all the real paid downloads were being shown rightly in the "Finance" section and credited to the app owner's account.

- AG.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 4:37 PM
  • In my dev center what I have is this for each app:

Revenue: £xx  (yesterday's reveune)

Downloads: xx (the day before's downloads)

Thus my revenue is one day ahead of the downloads! (I can work out my downloads by dividing my revenue by ~66p. Or tomorrows revenue by multiplying downloads by ~66p.)

I don't know if this happens only in the UK or with everyone.

The graphs seem to update every 2-3 days.
    • Edited by zenanimator Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:55 PM
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 8:53 PM