Setting Build Action RRS feed

• Question

• User299785768 posted

I'm using Visual Studio 2013.  When I build / publish an asp.net project to the file system the source code behind files are added to the application folder and no application .dll files is added to the bin folder.

I think it may have something to do with the build action on the project but I'm not sure where / how to set this.

Can anyone help me locate this in VS 2013?

Thanks,

Tim

Monday, September 28, 2015 10:58 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

You should be able to Right-click and choose Properties for any particular item within your Solution to see and adjust the available Build Action options for each of them :

If you need more information on what each of the available options do - you might consider reading through this related discussion on them.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, September 28, 2015 11:09 AM
  • User299785768 posted

Thanks for the assist.  The issue ended up being that I created the soluition as a web site and not a web app.

Once I converted the solution to a web app then all my issues relating to publishing were resolved.

Thanks again.

Monday, September 28, 2015 2:44 PM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

You should be able to Right-click and choose Properties for any particular item within your Solution to see and adjust the available Build Action options for each of them :

If you need more information on what each of the available options do - you might consider reading through this related discussion on them.

Monday, September 28, 2015 11:09 AM
  • User299785768 posted

Thanks for the assist.  The issue ended up being that I created the soluition as a web site and not a web app.

Once I converted the solution to a web app then all my issues relating to publishing were resolved.

Thanks again.

Monday, September 28, 2015 2:44 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

The issue ended up being that I created the soluition as a web site and not a web app.

WAPs and WSPs have different code bases, to learn more about VS Project Template Vs Project System, see: VS Project Template Vs Project System

In addition, if you have solved your question by yourself, you could reply to your question, and post your answer and mark your reply, then our community members will know your question is solved. We could focus on other issues unsolved, it saves our time. Thanks for your understanding. : )

With regards,

Angie

Thursday, October 1, 2015 10:31 PM