Integrity checks job question in sql 2000 RRS feed

• Question

• The integrity checks job on the user databases failed over the weekend and here is the error I got from the report:
    Database DB_Stores: Check Data and Index Linkage...
    [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 7919:
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Repair statement not processed.
    Database needs to be in single user mode.
        The following errors were found:
        ** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **
    [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 5070: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
    Database state cannot be changed while other users are using the database 'DB1'
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ALTER DATABASE statement failed.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]sp_dboption command failed.

Googled the issue and found some articles on this issue, but wanted to also run it by you.

I looked at the maint plan properties and under the integrity tab of the maint plan attempt to repair any problems is checked, this is what I think:
    Since attempt to repair is checked, the db was trying to repair the issue and since users were logged into the system
    it could'nt repair the issue as the system needs to be in single user mode. I think if we uncheck the attempt to repair
    option, then the job would run fine.
    But is this the best way to do? how about the errors it was trying to repair? Do we have to fix the error's it was trying to
    fix later by changing the db to single user mode.
    PLease let me know your ideas, thanks!!

Monday, December 3, 2007 5:57 PM

All replies

• The integrity checks job on the user databases failed over the weekend and here is the error I got from the report:
    Database DB_Stores: Check Data and Index Linkage...
    [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 7919:
        The following errors were found:
        ** Execution Time: 0 hrs, 0 mins, 1 secs **
    [Microsoft SQL-DMO (ODBC SQLState: 42000)] Error 5070: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
    Database state cannot be changed while other users are using the database 'DB1'
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]ALTER DATABASE statement failed.
    [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]sp_dboption command failed.

Googled the issue and found some articles on this issue, but wanted to also run it by you.

I looked at the maint plan properties and under the integrity tab of the maint plan attempt to repair any problems is checked, this is what I think:
    Since attempt to repair is checked, the db was trying to repair the issue and since users were logged into the system
    it could'nt repair the issue as the system needs to be in single user mode. I think if we uncheck the attempt to repair
    option, then the job would run fine.
    But is this the best way to do? how about the errors it was trying to repair? Do we have to fix the error's it was trying to
    fix later by changing the db to single user mode.
    PLease let me know your ideas, thanks!!

Hi, maybe the DB is in use, this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290622.. can help you.... Regards...
    Tuesday, March 27, 2012 11:36 PM