none
Exchange 2007, CANNOT get SMTP to work with POP3/IMAP RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows Server 2008.  I am running exchange Server 2007.  This is for my development, and everything is on one server, an internet facing server.

I had exchange server 2003, and that worked perfectly, but now that I am running exchange 2007, no matter what I do, SMTP does not work from POP3 and IMAP connection.  I can receive email all day long, but cannot send it.

I have literally tried 100s of suggestions on the internet, but nothing works.  I'm frustrated a great deal.  Anyone have a good concise 'how to' to get this to work?  And I can't tell you how many 'how tos' I have read on the internet, and not a dang one works.  I don't know what I'm doing that is so special, but I suspect having everything on one server is the problem.

I really need a 'how to' for having everything on one server, so I can get POP3/IMAP SMTP working.

Note, everything works from inside the network, I can send and receive using exchange inside the network.  I can also receive from external system, my users just cannot access the network with POP3 or IMAP.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:44 PM

Answers