Smart Device Application Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm new to the windows mobile application (Smart Device App). Now I need to develop app. I took one same from net, but it is giving Error "System.TypeLoadException: File or assembly name 'System.Data.SqlServerCe, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=3BE235DF1C8D2AD3', or one of its dependencies, was not found."

For this, what are the steps to work with SQLServerCE ( To install or .??).

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 7:38 AM

Answers

• Deploy/install SQL CE on the target device.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:41 PM
  • Hi,

For only simple develop usage, we just need following CAB to install it on target device:

sqlce.dev.ENU.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB

This CAB is located in the following directory on my machine :-

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\Devices\wce500\armv4i

Just copy it to target device and click to install it.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:27 AM

All replies

• Deploy/install SQL CE on the target device.
    Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:41 PM
  • Hi,

For only simple develop usage, we just need following CAB to install it on target device:

sqlce.dev.ENU.ppc.wce5.armv4i.CAB

This CAB is located in the following directory on my machine :-

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Compact Edition\v3.5\Devices\wce500\armv4i

Just copy it to target device and click to install it.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 6:27 AM
  • Provide me the solution to run the CAB file silently at start up of the device , so that my application will run smoothly, after device reboot 
    Monday, January 27, 2014 5:22 AM