none
usb camera driver wince 6.0 builded for Emulator ARMV4I RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I compiled the usb camera driver (USB Camera Driver for CE 6.0 downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19512) for Device Emulator ARMV4I Release.

After the Clean Sysgen compilation I verified the ce.bib and the regenit.ini files and the usbcam.dll settings were included in both files.

Now I am trying to emulate the connection throught the "Pocket PC 2003 SE Emulator", but when I executed the application “CameraDshowApp.exe”, the device name "CAM1:" does not appear into the field driver.

Log collected:
    416928 PID:5af0022 TID:5b00022 CCaptureFramework: Failed setting up the camera data.
    3416929 PID:5af0022 TID:5b00022 CameraDShowApp: Initializing the camera driver list failed.
    3416971 PID:5af0022 TID:5b00022 CameraDShowApp: Retrieving the driver list failed.

Is it possible test the usbcam driver by emulator? Do I need to set some specific configuration in the "Target Device Connectivity Options?

Build Configurations:
    Device Emulator ARMV4I Release
    Platform Builder (_TGTCPU)

Today my  "Target Device Connectivity Options is set as follow:
    Target Device Emulator: Pocket PC 2003 SE Emulator
    Download: Device Emulator (DMA)
    Transport: Device Emulator (DMA)

Could you, please, help me identify what's wrong? Should I set the usb host item in the sysgen catalog components before to compile?

Thanks in advance and Best Regards, Roberta.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hello Roberta

Did you try editing WINCE600\PUBLIC\ThirdParty\Catalog\USBCam\Driver\usbcam.reg

to replace:

[$(PCI_BUS_ROOT)\Template\ehci]
    with
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\ehci]

Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:09 PM
  • Hello Shahal,

I did this change. I builded the emulator BSP successfully (No errors). The usbcam.dll was included into ce.bib and into the regedit.ini.

The problem is the application “CameraDshowApp.exe” did not recognized the driver. The app does not list the driver.

This is the log collected when I started the app CameraDshowApp.exe by the emulator:
    416928 PID:5af0022 TID:5b00022 CCaptureFramework: Failed setting up the camera data.
    3416929 PID:5af0022 TID:5b00022 CameraDShowApp: Initializing the camera driver list failed.
    3416971 PID:5af0022 TID:5b00022 CameraDShowApp: Retrieving the driver list failed.

Do you have some ideia about?

Thanks a lot for your support!

Roberta.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 5:07 PM
  • I followed the steps of the blog: http://www.e-consystems.com/blog/windowsce/?p=628. But the app “CameraDshowApp.exe” does not recognized the usb driver.

Someone now If is it necesseray plug firts the UVC camera to the driver be listed by the app?

Tks and BR, Roberta.

• Edited by RobertaMSDN Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:10 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 6:12 PM
  • Hello Roberta,

I'm shooting at the dark here, but it might be that the camera you're using is not supported by the driver, did you try a brand that you know it ought to work?

BR

Shahal

Sunday, November 27, 2011 9:35 AM
  •  

Hello Shahal,

I have a question: The driver "CAM1:" must be listed in the application "CameraDshowApp.exe"  before plugged in the webcam into emulator or the driver "CAM1:" must be listed by the application after plugged in the webcam into emulator?

Because I don't plug any webcam yet. I know that just some models works well.

I will buy the follow model: "Logitech QuickCam Notebook Pro". What do you think about this model?

Tks a lot and BR, Roberta.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 4:41 PM
  • the webcam must be plugged in before launching the application.  the application detects teh camera and then loads the driver. No camera - no driver.

however if you get it working let me know, i also have some issues..

thnx

Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:41 AM
  • I am emulating the device via PC. If I plug the webcam in the PC's usb driver, do you know if the device emulator will recognize the webcam?

Thnx

Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:14 PM
  • i dont think the device would recognize the camera like that.

i guess you are emulating the deivce through serial port.

Friday, January 6, 2012 7:17 AM
  • Helloo

I have the same problem I had run the application with no errors.Every thing works fine.But wen i open the CameraDshowApp.exe its opening but not able to select any thing in the "Driver" dropdownlist ,none are being displyed in that.

So now how cud i know whether the emulator is able to detect the cam which is connected to Host OS.,whether i shud configure anything in target options so that usb webcam is avaliable for the emulator.??

PLs any one reply as soon as possible.

Its very urgent.

THanks in advance.

Srikar

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:56 PM
  • ITs showing the log file as

643933 PID:3be002e TID:3bf002e CameraDShowApp: Selecting the camera device failed.

645506 PID:3c5002e TID:3c6002e CCaptureFramework: Retrieving the still stream config failed.

645507 PID:3c5002e TID:3c6002e CameraDShowApp: Initializing the capture graph failed.

649910 PID:3be002e TID:3bf002e CameraDShowApp: Selecting the camera device failed.

650050 PID:3be002e TID:3bf002e CameraDShowApp: Selecting the camera device failed.

657161 PID:3c5002e TID:3c6002e CameraDShowApp: Run pushed

Pls any one help to solve this problem.

Srikar

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 7:58 PM