Azure event warning, don't know the cause RRS feed

• Question

• User-2097295820 posted

I keep getting this error

7396<br/>w3wp<br/>Role environment . INITIALIZING

warning 

7396<br/>w3wp<br/>Role environment . INITIALIZING

Please what is the cause. Though I am using Customprovider and I am yet to code my custom Roleprovider because I intend making it custom.
    Please is it the Role provider that is causing this warning.
    I am not using anything called Role environment. Because I have been seeing this on google. People refering to Role environment. Please I dont
    understand the warning. Any clue on it.

Thanks alot.
    Friday, August 5, 2016 11:10 AM

Answers

• User1070236303 posted

This role environment warning is not from asp.net RoleProvider.

In visual studio you can add an azure cloud service to your existing asp.net project. This new project contains "roles". The role describes your azure virtual machines, iis settings etc. My guess you have already has this.

The Role environment initializing is an azure message means azure setting up your virtual machines. This is a normal warning and not error. You can see this message if you publish to azure directly from visual studio. If you update through the azure management portal using package file, you may see similar message in your instances' state.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 12:05 PM

All replies

• User1070236303 posted

This role environment warning is not from asp.net RoleProvider.

In visual studio you can add an azure cloud service to your existing asp.net project. This new project contains "roles". The role describes your azure virtual machines, iis settings etc. My guess you have already has this.

The Role environment initializing is an azure message means azure setting up your virtual machines. This is a normal warning and not error. You can see this message if you publish to azure directly from visual studio. If you update through the azure management portal using package file, you may see similar message in your instances' state.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2016 12:05 PM
  • User-2097295820 posted

Ok thanks alot. I have added cloud service to my app cos I am using azure blob storage. I also published from Visual studio.

Friday, August 5, 2016 12:45 PM