none
problem with the SkeletonViewer RRS feed

All replies

• please guide me..thanks
    Friday, November 25, 2011 11:18 AM
  • what happens when you compile and run the C# Skeletal Viewer sample?
    Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:24 PM
  • Todd, I too am having issues with the skeleton viewer and the shape game. I believe the issue appears to be with the api for the Kinect.  I am running on a Windows 7 64bit laptop with 8GB of RAM.  I am using VS2010 sp1 and have applied all available windows updates via the windows update site.  I have installed all of the listed prerequisites for the Kinect demos.  My Kinect is plugged in to AC power and my computer properly.  There is a light on the cable that shows power is supplied and I also get the flashing green light on the Kinect itself.  The installs ran ok and my computer sees the Kinect in the Device Manager properly as three devices.  The audio samples work properly (both the included binaries and the compiler sample source).  The other samples using the cameras (both the included binaries and the compiler sample source) start but do not see the Kinect as being connected.  When I compile and step through the shape game sample’s source, I find that the static Microsoft.Research.Kinect.Nui.Runtime.Kinects call returns an empty KinectDeviceCollection (count = 0).  The API library does not appear to see my Kinect.  I also tried simply calling the deprecated Runtime constructor() and (0) but it just hangs.

I would like to get this working.  Is there any other information that I could provide you that might help troubleshoot this issue.  If there was a way to find out what was falling in the Runtime.Kinects call, could a library be provided which would generate some logging that you guys might find useful?

I am open to the possibility of an installation issue some conflicting hardware or software but isn’t there any way to identify a definite cause. 

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 5:33 PM
  • what does STviewer WPF show for the device status?
    Tuesday, November 29, 2011 8:53 PM
  • if by STViewer you mean the Skeletal Viewer (WPF) application,

private void CreateAllKinectViewers()
    {
       foreach (Runtime runtime in Runtime.Kinects)  // Runtime.Kinects returns a zero items collection
          {
          }

private void UpdateUIBasedOnKinectCount()
    {
       switch (Runtime.Kinects.Count)    // Runtime.Kinects.Count equals 0
       {
          case 0:
             insertKinectSensor.Visibility = System.Windows.Visibility.Visible;
             insertAnotherKinectSensor.Visibility = System.Windows.Visibility.Collapsed;
             switchToAnotherKinectSensor.Visibility = System.Windows.Visibility.Collapsed;
             break;

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 4:08 AM
  • Since my last post here, I have installed the SDK on a Windows 7 64bit desktop.  It is working and it is pretty cool.  I am still having trouble getting it to work on my laptop though.  I suspect there must be some sort of software or hardware conflict, though the install looks good.  If I figure out the issue, I will post it here.  I dont know if it is related or not but the working computer lists only 1 device icon for the Kinect in the "Devices and Printer" view.  The non working environment lists four icons, one for each component (camera, device, hub, and USB composite device).
    Friday, December 2, 2011 3:50 AM