none
I am can't seem to uninstall the cab file application from WinCE7 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a VS2008 cab project to install a simple winform application onto a WinCE7 virtual device. The application installs without a hitch. However when I go and use the control panel Program Remove it fails to uninstall the application. I get a Remove Programs Error message box:

The program has not been removed because the following files are currently in use or are read-only. Please close all programs and run Remove Programs again.  Then it displays the following: \Windows\CrystalPoint CPWebBrowser.Unload.  I can't find that file using windows explorer.  Am I missing something in the VS2008 cab project?

Mike

Thursday, July 30, 2015 4:47 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

The docs are available at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa924359.aspx but unless you have the "nouninstall" set you should be good for both install and uninstall.  Have you been able to discover the source of the " In Use or Read Only" message? Do you have a read-only file deployed?  Have you checked that there are no open handles still using the files somehow? Is the app still running? Is anything in the task or process list that might be using the files?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 8:36 PM
  • Mike:

1. Is your application related to CrystalPoint CPWebBrowser?
    2. Have you rebooted since you installed?
    3. In Windows Explorer, have you set the options to show hidden and system files?
    4. Is that file visible right after you install?
    5. Can you uninstall right after installing?

It is possible, maybe even likely, that if you have rebooted since installation that any files that were put in the \Windows folder have been removed - or lost - because the \Windows folder is in RAM.  This is not true for all systems, but it is the default.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP) Senior Engineer Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman Eurotech Inc. www.Eurotech.com

Thursday, August 13, 2015 12:54 PM