none
unable to use zkemkeeper.dll from 64 bit computer RRS feed

• Question

• hi there,

im developing a windows application communicate with bio-metirc device so, im using zkemkeeper.dll file. My development computer is 64 bit,

1. i placed this dll under C:\Windows\System32 and tried to register im getting exception like below

2. i placed this dll under C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and tried to register im getting exception like below

Exception:

The module zkemkeeper.dll failed to load . Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependant.dll files. The specified module could not be found

When i try to add this dll to my project as reference then also im getting same exception. may i know how to resolve this issue.

thank you,

Jey

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:02 PM

Answers

• Hi winseelan,

After installed a tool named Dependency Walker, I fould there are some required dependencies of the DLL are missing.

Please install these dependencies or contact the DLL provider for dedicated support.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:47 AM
  • Actually, from the screen only ZKEMSDK.DLL and "Visual C++ 2003 runtime" is missing but required. The other DLLs above is "normal" to be missing and will not harm your application's functionality.

Unfortunately since seems Microsoft have removed downloads for C++ runtime before VC2005, you should use the DLL that comes with the package.

Also, make sure your program compile as "x86" instead of "Any CPU" or it won't find the DLL on 64-bit systems. (The fact that it depends on VC++ 2003 runtime implies this must be 32-bit DLL)

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:26 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi winseelan,

How did you register this DLL? Here is the proccess to register the DLL on 64bit OS.

1. Copy all your DLL into c:\windows\syswow64 folder.
    2. Run cmd.exe as administrator.
    3. Enter the following command to register the DLL.

cd %windir%\syswow64
    regsvr32 DLLName.dll

Please mark sure that you have run cmd.exe as administrator.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 2:49 AM
  • Hi Li ,

thanks for your response.

I tried the same way but, still popups error.

Im using Windows 7 64 bit OS(laptop)

please let me know some solution.

thanks,

jey

Wednesday, June 1, 2016 8:18 AM
  • Hi winseelan,

After installed a tool named Dependency Walker, I fould there are some required dependencies of the DLL are missing.

Please install these dependencies or contact the DLL provider for dedicated support.

Best Regards,
    Li Wang

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:47 AM
  • Actually, from the screen only ZKEMSDK.DLL and "Visual C++ 2003 runtime" is missing but required. The other DLLs above is "normal" to be missing and will not harm your application's functionality.

Unfortunately since seems Microsoft have removed downloads for C++ runtime before VC2005, you should use the DLL that comes with the package.

Also, make sure your program compile as "x86" instead of "Any CPU" or it won't find the DLL on 64-bit systems. (The fact that it depends on VC++ 2003 runtime implies this must be 32-bit DLL)

Thursday, June 2, 2016 10:26 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I tried. It is not working for me!

Monday, October 17, 2016 11:05 AM
  • In that case, post what the depwalk looks like for this DLL on your machine.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 1:14 AM
    Answerer