Windows programming RRS feed

• Question

• I have a need to create an application in visual studio where I can capture images that are taken by a plugged in handheld device. The current software is limited and more functionality is needed.

Could some please point me in the right direction! 

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hi k-vic

>> I think I need to capture processes from a device drivers or just be notified when a image is save to a predetermined file to take some action.

I will simply understand the medical type device as a folder and we will keep monitor its folder and sub folders.

You know there is some API that can monitor the folder and the files inside the folder, for example this API should be what you need: FindFirstChangeNotification if you are working with windows API, also if you develop the application base on .net environment, this: FileSystemWatcher Class should be another one.

Anyway, it depends on what kind of application you would like to develop, you can always find the API you need.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Monday, November 9, 2015 3:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:43 AM
    Sunday, October 25, 2015 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hi k-vic,

>>I have a need to create an application in visual studio where I can capture images that are taken by a plugged in handheld device.

What kind of technology you want to do this, by WinForm or WPF or even Windows Universal App? We have different forums at MSDN for different technologies.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 1:42 AM
  • I don't think at this stage the output is important when I want to test for I assume kernel type thread that I could create in a console application. I think I need to capture processes from a device drivers or just be notified when a image is save to a predetermined file to take some action.

The device is a medical type device that can be plugin to the USB of any computer with the necessary divers installed and takes an image which then sends the image to a predetermined file. This is messy when the images are not name or connected to and particular person.

I would like to somehow be notified at some point about the image being taken and take some action with the image with a interface that can be any of the above technology when determined at a later stage

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:50 AM
  • Hi k-vic

>> I think I need to capture processes from a device drivers or just be notified when a image is save to a predetermined file to take some action.

I will simply understand the medical type device as a folder and we will keep monitor its folder and sub folders.

You know there is some API that can monitor the folder and the files inside the folder, for example this API should be what you need: FindFirstChangeNotification if you are working with windows API, also if you develop the application base on .net environment, this: FileSystemWatcher Class should be another one.

Anyway, it depends on what kind of application you would like to develop, you can always find the API you need.

--James

• Proposed as answer by Jamles Hez Monday, November 9, 2015 3:18 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jamles Hez Tuesday, November 10, 2015 1:43 AM
    Sunday, October 25, 2015 2:18 PM