Microsoft Translation API for android how come it does not work? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello i am new at Android developing and wanted to create a translation app. I read through all the help and also forums and am clueless how to solve the following problem. I am using the bing api in my android project and everytime i tried to test my application i get the following error:  [microsoft-translator-api] Error retrieving translation : null.

This is my code:

public class MenuOne extends Activity {

@SuppressLint("NewApi")

@Override

protected void onCreate(Bundle savedInstanceState) {

ActionBar actionBar = getActionBar();

actionBar.setDisplayHomeAsUpEnabled(true);

super.onCreate(savedInstanceState);

setContentView(R.layout.activity_menu_one);

try {

Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), translate("Hello"), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

} catch (Exception e) {

Toast.makeText(getApplicationContext(), e.getMessage(), Toast.LENGTH_LONG).show();

}

}

public String translate(String text) throws Exception{

// Set the Client ID / Client Secret once per JVM. It is set statically and applies to all services

Translate.setClientId("test");

Translate.setClientSecret("test");

String translatedText = "";

// English AUTO_DETECT -> gERMAN Change this if u wanna other languages

translatedText = Translate.execute(text, Language.ENGLISH, Language.FRENCH);

return translatedText;

}

I have no clue if is an authority error or someting that i  forgot. Just on the side note i am using eclipse with the android sdk to develop this. Also i already added the  [microsoft-translator-api] jar into the needed folder.

thanks for the help.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 8:26 PM