Report Builder 3.0 Problem - Repeat header columns on each page does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I have a table which has column headings, and although I have set the "Repeat header columns on each page" option in Tablix Properties, the column headings only appear on the first page.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work around the problem?
    Thanks.

Friday, July 16, 2010 2:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Even I had faced same problem earlier, but now it is solved with following approach.

1) Select Property checkbox on view menu in report builder 3.0.

2) In the grouping pane, make sure to turn on advanced mode (click on the small black down arrow on the far right of the grouping pane)

3) Select the corresponding Static item in the row group hierarchy, this is for the header row, which we wants to repeat on each page

4) In the properties pan, set RepeatOnNewPage to true.

This will solve the problem.

-Chintak.

Friday, July 16, 2010 4:34 AM
  • Hi,

Your suggested solution above did not work, as Report Builder 3.0 issued the following error message after implementing your suggestion:

"The tablix 'Tablix1' has an invalid TablixMember. All TablixMember elements in a TablixColumnHierarchy must have the RepeatOnNewPage property set to false."

I have found another post on this forum on the same topic, and it is obvious that many other people are experiencing the same problem (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlreportingservices/thread/ee29da49-5c8c-47f3-a905-c730dcbe9780).

One of the suggestions on the other post was that a recent update package from Microsoft fixes the problem in certain circumstances but not all circumstances. I will try this update package and see if it helps (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979065/en-au).

Many thanks.

Bruce.

Monday, July 19, 2010 1:22 AM
  • The solution by Jinchun worked for me!  Thanks very much :)
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 3:35 AM
  • Hi Chintak,

I know it's an old post but I am having issue here. I followed your instructions till step 3 and my difficulty starts thereafter. In the advanced mode I see row and column groups with static members. The row and the column headers that are static, I can not click to modify any of their properties but there is drop down list (small black down arrow) in my row group. I click that I can see ADD GROUP, ADD TOTAL, DELETE GROUP, GROUP PROPERTIES, Then I clicked GROUP PROPERTIES and her I see GENERAL, PAGE BREAKS, SORTING, VISIBILITY, FILTERS, VARIABLES, ADVANCED.

In any of these, I do not see RepeatOnNewPage. I have three ROW GROUPS in my report and is not able to have column header repeating on each page.

Please suggest.

Khaga

Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:48 PM
  • Hi all,

1. First of all select your Group row and Insert Row Inside Group above for Header row, Add headers
    2. Check Advanced Mode for Grouping panel is ON.
    3. You will find Static Rows in Row Group section.
    4. Select first child static of your group, here you will find header row first column is selected.
    5. Now set the Repeat On New Page property = True from property Panel

And you are done.

Thanks 
    Sanjay Khot
    India
    • Proposed as answer by _Queen Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:18 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2014 12:41 PM
  • I'm on 3.0 for SQL 2012, and I don't understand Sanjay's solution and none of the rest of the solutions are working for me.  Has anyone heard of any patches from MS to take care of this problem yet?  Thanks!!
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:08 PM
  • Chintak solution worked for me. One detail to consider:
    There are two arrows when looking to switch to "Advanced Mode". One directly to the right of the word "Details" and one directly to the right of the word "Column Groups". Select the one to the right of "column groups"

Saturday, June 7, 2014 1:03 AM
  • Hi all,

1. <g class="gr_ gr_27 gr-alert gr_gramm undefined Punctuation multiReplace" data-gr-id="27" id="27">First of all</g> select your Group row and Insert Row Inside Group above for Header row, Add headers
    2. Check Advanced Mode for Grouping panel is ON.
    3. You will find Static Rows in Row Group section.
    4. Select first child static of your group, here you will find header row first column is selected.
    5. Now set the Repeat On New Page property = True from property Panel

And you are done.

Thanks 
    Sanjay Khot
    India

This worked for me. 

Changed (Static) "Row Group", "RepeatOnNewPage" to 'True' and the column headers now repeat on each page. 

Thank you. 

• Edited by _Queen Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 2:23 PM