IIS setup for integrated security to sql RRS feed

• Question

• User-795341072 posted

Hi, 

I'm trying to use integrated security on my sites to connect to their respective databases.

Currently we are looking at setting up one domain user per site/database.

I have it working  by setting the app pool identity to the user which has authentication to the database but with the number of site on our servers this would not be viable to have an application pool per site.

So i'm trying to work out if there was another way that i could link the domain user to the site instead of using an application pool i tried to set the Anonymous Authentication to the domain user but this does not work any help would be greatly appriciated

Friday, February 24, 2017 8:18 AM

All replies

• User-460007017 posted

Hi samblundell1990,

When you need to connect the database, you also need to grant enough permission for application pool identity.However, it unavaliable to set application pool to use authenticated user while the server need a maintained user to keep hosting the application pool. The only thing you could do is just use application pool identity(workerprocess user) to access your website by setting authenticatedUserOverride in IIs manager->site node-> configuration editor->system.webserver/serverruntime->useworkerprocess user.

https://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/iis-using-windows-authentication-with-minimal-permissions-granted-to-disk

Best Regards,

Yuk Ding

Friday, February 24, 2017 9:48 AM