none
How can I assure that people clicking a 4th level pdf info page automatically get the latest version RRS feed

• Question

• My small web site has a pdf price list 4 clicks below the home page.   It get revised at least once a year, and I am always tempted to revise the preceding links to make sure people get the latest info.  But that just reminds me that I am heading right up to the home page.  Is there a simple way to fix this?
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:00 PM

All replies

• It's unclear what you are actually asking, since you provided no link and didn't define what you meant by "4 clicks below", "revise the preceding links" or "heading right up to the home page".  Remember, we can't see what you are doing. I can't figure out what it is that you are asking how to fix.

I'll add the obvious statement that if you want people to get the latest version of a PDF, that's the PDF that should be on the site, links should correctly point to it.

• Edited by KathyW2 Wednesday, November 26, 2014 5:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2014 4:15 PM
  • Is there a simple way to fix this?
    Probably.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Database Tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:23 PM
  • If the link to your price.pdf is on a page4.html, then it doesn't matter what links are on page2.html and page3.html.

As long as clicking through the links from index.html eventually leads to page4.html and on page4.html you have a link to price.pdf, you and your visitors will be fine.

If you have a house with a front door, back door and a window which all lead into the garden, then it doesn't matter which exit you take. If the bag with a dead body in it is in the garden, you should be able to find it.

However if you want everybody to find your price list straight away you may want to hang a notice on the front door, saying, price list this way.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:17 AM