none
Login error in Oracle EBS RRS feed

• Question

• I am connecting OracleEBS by using WCF-OracleEBS adapter but i am getting following error <o:p></o:p>

Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException:

ORA-1017: invalid username/password; logon denied<o:p></o:p>

I have tried all the ways like user name captial letters or user name and password captial letters but that trick didn;t worked me <o:p></o:p>

I am able to connect through Sqldeveloper with same username and pwd

can you please suggest is there any another way to trace i have used tracelog.exe but the log file i am not able to view the content <o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 11:01 AM

Answers

• Kapil,

Please provide the username and password on the Credentials tab. The username/password in the binding property is not the DB username/password - that is the Oracle APPS username/password (the one that is entered into the portal).

Hope this helps!

Manas

-- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:34 AM

All replies

• Where are you providing the username password In client credential or in binding properties?

What is the value of ClientCredentialType binding property?

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:48 AM
  • Thanks for the response Manas

ClientCredentialType =Database

I am providing username and password

WCFOracleEBSSendPort->Binding->oracle Username and password fileds

Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:09 AM
  • Kapil,

Please provide the username and password on the Credentials tab. The username/password in the binding property is not the DB username/password - that is the Oracle APPS username/password (the one that is entered into the portal).

Hope this helps!

Manas

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:34 AM
  • Thank you very much Manas and its working for me .

I have another query on fecthing data from oracle by using OracleEBS adapter

when i have import the binidng file generated by select binding file it creating send port

when we have to fetch the data from database(ex:sql) we have to use receive port but here is creating send port

Friday, February 10, 2012 6:53 AM
  • Have you ensured that the selected contract type is "Inbound"? You might not even need to use the binding file for the receive port - you can just configure properties in the receive port. Also, refer to the tutorial to use polling feature for Oracle adapter - that will give you some good ideas.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:21 AM