StorageFile required to access most locations

Question

• Please don't take this the wrong way, but that is just stupid.  I understand the philosophy behind it, but dang it, you have got to allow the exceptions somehow.

Sunday, September 07, 2014 2:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Jose,

I split your comment out since you posted on an very pre-release thread and it wasn't clear what exactly you were complaining about or what exceptions you want.

Apps can access any file via the StorageFile broker with the user's permission. What they cannot do is arbitrarily munge the user's files without permission.

There are ways for an enterprise side-loaded app to get around this with admin approval, but it's an important feature to allow users to trust apps installed from the store.

--Rob

Sunday, September 07, 2014 4:08 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Jose,

I split your comment out since you posted on an very pre-release thread and it wasn't clear what exactly you were complaining about or what exceptions you want.

Apps can access any file via the StorageFile broker with the user's permission. What they cannot do is arbitrarily munge the user's files without permission.

There are ways for an enterprise side-loaded app to get around this with admin approval, but it's an important feature to allow users to trust apps installed from the store.

--Rob

Sunday, September 07, 2014 4:08 AM
    Owner
  • What exactlly are you trying to do that is not possible with the current model? Some Apps have received special permissions to e.g. allow access to the documents library as well. I don't know the exact procedure for it in certification but I'd guess you have to provide a compelling reason as to why that is necessary.
    Monday, September 08, 2014 7:33 AM