none
Windows 7 desktop app store or commerce site enabling sales of Windows 7 desktop apps. RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know of a 3rd party commerce site that can process the sale and distribution of apps that run on Windows 7 for PC only?

668 views to a question on the ability to list a non-windows 8 app on the new store means there are many developers that would like an answer to the above question.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:11 PM

Answers

• Hey Scott,

That's a great question you brought up. Apart from 3rd party websites that does transactions and app downloads from their website, I am currently not aware of a 3rd party app transaction / delivery platform that is available for Windows 7 or earlier.

Thanks Scott for your interest in Windows Store and your continued feedback.

Bobby  

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:40 PM

All replies

• Why has no MS rep commented on this post?

If an app is developed using Metro API's will the app run on window's 7 and prior versions?

Scott mcCoy
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Hey Scott,

Appreciate your follow up on this question. Metro Style Apps is currently not compatible with Windows 7 or prior versions. The distribution method to obtain the new Metro Style apps would be through the Windows Store. The Windows Store does allow for 3rd party transaction platforms and allows the developer flexibility to choose what platfrom they want to use for their apps. More info can be summarized in the Windows Store for developers blog.  

Thanks,

Bobby

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:03 PM
  • Thank you Bobby,

I read everything I could find on the blog before posting this question. I am not a developer but hired developers to create the simple business app that is to run on desktops/laptops only. Metro requires many executions and platforms that are not relevant, including phone.

Are you aware of any transactional platform that could process payment and delivery of Windows apps (programs); (software), for Windows 7 and earlier if possible?

Does it exist?

Thank you somuch for your prior reply.

Scott

Scott mcCoy
    Monday, January 23, 2012 4:26 PM
  • Hey Scott,

That's a great question you brought up. Apart from 3rd party websites that does transactions and app downloads from their website, I am currently not aware of a 3rd party app transaction / delivery platform that is available for Windows 7 or earlier.

Thanks Scott for your interest in Windows Store and your continued feedback.

Bobby  

Monday, January 23, 2012 4:40 PM