none
C# WCF Service fails...until Visual Studio Installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

This is a bit of a strange one, and I have done a little Googling, but to no avail...

I have built a C# WCF Service using Visual Studio 2013 (And subsequently upgraded to VS 2015).  My service uses Transport Security and also has a CustomUserNameValidator for verifying that the person using the WCF Service has access to do so.

My issue is that when I run the Service up on my local dev machine, it runs, no issues whatsoever.  When I deploy the WCF (Self Hosted) to a new machine, be it, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows 10, the Windows Service starts, but I cannot access the exposed WCF.

If I then install Visual Studio 2015 onto the same box, and restart the Service, and try to access the WCF, it returns a value without issue!!

What am I missing? Visual Studio must be installed some sort of dependency which enables the WCF Service to run, but how can I find out what it is?

As well as this, I have remote debugged the service, and it seems to startup correctly and wait for a request.

Thanks in advance, Mark

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:56 PM

Answers

All replies