How can I Get Packets from FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,everybody:

I use CallOut.applicableLayer=FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 and     filter.layerKey=FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 to get packets.

But in myReceiveClassify(),i cant get packet FWP_DIRECTION_INBOUND.

inMetaValues->packetDirection always is FWP_DIRECTION_OUTBOUND.

inFixedValues->layerId==FWPS_LAYER_INBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4(It is OK).

If I use CallOut.applicableLayer=FWPM_LAYER_OUTBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 and     filter.layerKey=FWPM_LAYER_OUTBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 to get packets. I can

correctly get FWP_DIRECTION_OUTBOUND Packets.

what's the difference of  FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 and FWPM_LAYER_OUTBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4.  even i add a FWP_CONDITION_DIRECTION

to FWP_DIRECTION_INBOUND, i cant see the INBOUND Packets.

I think on FWPM_LAYER_INBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 is receiving Packets and

FWPM_LAYER_OUTBOUND_TRANSPORT_V4 is sending packets.

who can help me.

thanks a lot.

Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

inMetaValues->packetDirection is only applicable at ALE_AUTH_CONNECT and ALE_AUTH_RECV_ACCEPT layers in event of a re-authorization (i.e. with the FWP_CONDITION_FLAG_IS_REAUTHORIZE bit set in the flags condition field).

For TRANSPORT layers, the INBOUND vs OUTBOUND tells you the packet direction (but not the flow direction).

packetDirection is useful during re-authorization because packets from either direction can trigger re-authorization for an otherwise inbound or outbound flow.

Hope this helps,

Biao.W.

Friday, January 30, 2009 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

inMetaValues->packetDirection is only applicable at ALE_AUTH_CONNECT and ALE_AUTH_RECV_ACCEPT layers in event of a re-authorization (i.e. with the FWP_CONDITION_FLAG_IS_REAUTHORIZE bit set in the flags condition field).

For TRANSPORT layers, the INBOUND vs OUTBOUND tells you the packet direction (but not the flow direction).

packetDirection is useful during re-authorization because packets from either direction can trigger re-authorization for an otherwise inbound or outbound flow.

Hope this helps,

Biao.W.

Friday, January 30, 2009 1:45 AM
  • Hello,Mr. Wang:

After that,i got it.  thank you for your replying.
          (For TRANSPORT layers, the INBOUND vs OUTBOUND tells you the packet direction.)

deng
    Monday, March 23, 2009 9:55 AM