none
Picks nomenclature of goods available in all stores RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Gurus!

There are some subset of table Stores (id_shop, name_shop). In table Products (id_product, name_product ) are all available products in shops. And in table ProductsInStores (id, id_shop, id_product, count) - there are counts for each product in shops (if counts>0). How to get nomenclature of all products, available in all shops?

A subset of stores - the result of filtering the main table. And afterall it is desirable to obtain a list of distincts products , available in subset of stores.

Thanks in advance!

PS. I use entity framework and linq to entities. Subset of store is available through CollectionView over ObservableCollection.

• Edited by ATerentjev Monday, May 27, 2013 6:49 AM
    • Moved by Bob Shen Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:01 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2013 6:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• try this

select p.*, s.*,ps.Count() from Products p, Stores s, ProductsInStores ps
    where p.id_product = ps.id_product and ps.Count() > 0

Faisal Ahmed Farooqui —————————— If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Monday, May 27, 2013 6:52 AM
  • var query = from p in dc.products join ps in dc.productsInStore on p.id_product equals ps.id_product join s in dc.store on s.id_store equals ps.id_store where ps.count>0 select p.id_product; var query1 = query.Distinct();

I try this code to get a set of distinct products id. But the problem is  to use not dc.store, but collectionView from observableCollection of stores:

masterObservableCollection = new ObservableCollection<store>(dc.stores);
    masterView = (CollectionView)CollectionViewSource.GetDefaultView(masterObservableCollection);
    masterView.Filter = new Predicate<object>(Contains);

Monday, May 27, 2013 8:06 AM
  • Hi ATerentjev,

I think this problem is very similar to this thread. You can use OfType<T>() extension method on the CollectionView:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adodotnetentityframework/thread/49ce4969-f1c5-4541-a218-2861f930dca4

If they are the same problem, I would like to close this thread. If there are further updates about this issue, please feel free to let us know.

Best regards,

Chester Hong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:11 AM