none
Printing to local device from Windows 10 Azure VM RRS feed

• Question

• what do I need to do to enable printing to a local device (USB or wireless) from a Windows 10 Azure VM?
    Tuesday, March 20, 2018 2:47 AM

Answers

• Have you tried the above steps?

Are you able to connect the local printer from your computer? Do you see the local printer in the list from your computer?

Note: Once you able to connect the printer from your local computer, try the above steps to connect the local printer to Azure Win 10 VM.

If you tried the above steps, are you receiving any error message while printing? If you receive any, kindly share the screenshot of the error message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 6:37 AM

All replies

• You can use the built-in Remote Desktop printer mapping - no drivers necessary since it will tunnel the print job through the RDP session back to your computer.

Open Remote Desktop Connection => Click on Show Options => Navigate to Local Resources => Under Local devices and resources: Choose the devices and resources that you want to use in your remote sessions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 7:43 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.   Unfortunately this did not resolve my issue. 
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Have you tried the above steps?

Are you able to connect the local printer from your computer? Do you see the local printer in the list from your computer?

Note: Once you able to connect the printer from your local computer, try the above steps to connect the local printer to Azure Win 10 VM.

If you tried the above steps, are you receiving any error message while printing? If you receive any, kindly share the screenshot of the error message.

Wednesday, March 21, 2018 6:37 AM
  • Good news.    I installed the printer drivers locally on the VM and then followed your instructions for the remote connection options, choosing printers.   I was able to find the printer with "redirecting" listed and printed successfully.   Thanks very much for the help!!!
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 2:21 PM
  • Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

Thursday, March 22, 2018 3:33 AM