none
Visual Studios "Start Debugging" is greyded out. Is Visual Studios serious? RRS feed

• Question

• So, in visual Studios I simply made a console application, the debugger was green. I pressed it and it ran. Everything was good. I saved the console application. The next day I woke up with a big smile on my face cause I can finish my super simple console applciation. I turned on Visual Studios. Openned up the Super Simple Console Application and the debugger was greyed out. 2 days of Googling no answers.

2 LINES OF CODE AND THE VISUAL STUDIOS NO LONGER ALLOWS ME TO DEBUG.

Console.WriteLine("test");
                Console.Read();

GRRR IM SO ********

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:03 PM

Answers

• Hi Germcode,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Normally, just as MVP has put it, you should be able to debug a solution. Could you please try to create a new project and check if you can debug it or not?

If you can, please copy all the file or code in previous project to new project. Then test if you can debug this application or not.

If you have any other problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:03 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:55 AM

All replies

• So I figuered out through

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182532.aspx

You have to make another application to test the application you already made. X[

This is BS.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 6:08 PM
  • No, you should be able to reopen an existing solution in Visual Studio and debug as many times as needed. How did you reopen the solution, from the Visual Studio recent projects list, or by double-clicking the .sln file? was the source code visible in the VS editor when you attempted to debug?

So others can see what is going on with your solution, please Zip up the entire solution folder and upload the .zip file to a public site, like SkyDrive so others can test it.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Hi Germcode,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Normally, just as MVP has put it, you should be able to debug a solution. Could you please try to create a new project and check if you can debug it or not?

If you can, please copy all the file or code in previous project to new project. Then test if you can debug this application or not.

If you have any other problems, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Wednesday, February 29, 2012 6:03 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:55 AM