Problem with custom Permission levels RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i created custom permissions called "Read Write Modify" and at site level i gave " Contribute" Permissions for "Project Manager Group" and for list permissions i gave custom permission "Read Write Modify" for "Project Manager Group".

Users are able to login to site but not to list,list it throwing "Access Denied" error

how can i solve this probelm with Custom Permissions

Thanks

Monday, July 4, 2011 5:56 AM

Answers

• Most restrictive security will apply. It all depends on how you customized the permission levels and security inheritance. The easiest way is to go to the list and check permissions for the group or one of its members and you will find out what their applicable security for that list (from list tools - list - list permissions - check permissions (ribbon)). You'll also see a summary under list permissions and the status of inheritance.
    AK
    • Marked as answer by Emir Liu Tuesday, July 5, 2011 9:36 AM
    Monday, July 4, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Hi Adebkhooli,

Thanks for your reply,i have solved it by copying one of the permissions and creating my own custom Permissions

Monday, July 4, 2011 7:23 AM

All replies

• Most restrictive security will apply. It all depends on how you customized the permission levels and security inheritance. The easiest way is to go to the list and check permissions for the group or one of its members and you will find out what their applicable security for that list (from list tools - list - list permissions - check permissions (ribbon)). You'll also see a summary under list permissions and the status of inheritance.
    AK
    Monday, July 4, 2011 6:18 AM
  • Hi Adebkhooli,

Thanks for your reply,i have solved it by copying one of the permissions and creating my own custom Permissions

Monday, July 4, 2011 7:23 AM