Schema Not Appearing In Service Publishing Wizard RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Have been facing a strange issue which I have never ever faced before.

I have added two new schema to my existing project and when I try to expose them as a WCF service they are not appearing on the step where you select a schema for Request/Response from an assembly.

All other schema are appearing there except the newly added ones. What could be the reason, am I missing something?

Help!

Regards,

Hassam

Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Hassan,

You must build your BizTalk projects before running the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard. The BizTalk projects must include schemas to publish as WCF services.

Also note, The BizTalk Web Services Publishing Wizard always uses the version of the project assembly in the GAC, meaning a project had to be deployed (and GAC-ed) to see all the relevant artifacts.

The BizTalk WCF Publishing Wizard only requires a project to be built (i.e. a dll compiled).

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Hi Hassam

Have you built and GAC'ed the assembly(that contains the 2 new schemas) afresh? After doing so, launch the Publishing Wizard again.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Hassan,

You must build your BizTalk projects before running the BizTalk WCF Service Publishing Wizard. The BizTalk projects must include schemas to publish as WCF services.

Also note, The BizTalk Web Services Publishing Wizard always uses the version of the project assembly in the GAC, meaning a project had to be deployed (and GAC-ed) to see all the relevant artifacts.

The BizTalk WCF Publishing Wizard only requires a project to be built (i.e. a dll compiled).

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Thursday, November 17, 2016 9:56 AM
  • Hi,

Build the Visual Studio Project and then the dll will contain the schemas that are added new (Building the project will put the schemas in the dll)

Regards,

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:02 AM
  • The publish wizard looks in the assembly that is in the GAC. So, make sure your updated schema is there (by doing your standard deployment or using gacutil /i).

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:05 AM
  • Hi Hassam

Have you built and GAC'ed the assembly(that contains the 2 new schemas) afresh? After doing so, launch the Publishing Wizard again.

Thanks Arindam

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:06 AM
  • Hello,

Have been facing a strange issue which I have never ever faced before.

I have added two new schema to my existing project and when I try to expose them as a WCF service they are not appearing on the step where you select a schema for Request/Response from an assembly.

All other schema are appearing there except the newly added ones. What could be the reason, am I missing something?

Help!

Regards,

Hassam

Make sure u deploy ur project that has the schemas in it. Then use the dll. 

Pi_xel_xar

Blog: My Blog

BizTalkApplicationDeploymentTool: BizTalk Application Deployment Tool/

Thursday, November 17, 2016 10:26 AM
    Answerer