AjaxControlToolKit works locally but not on the server after publishing RRS feed

• Question

• User-1275064854 posted

I am using a RoundCornersExtender Ajax control with my Panel.  It works perfectly when running locally via the Visual Studio, but it does not do anything to the corners on the server.

I am running IIS8 on Windows 2012 R2.  There are no errors; it just does not do anything.  Do I have to do anything on the server side for the Ajax extensions to work?  I am sort of new to this so any help is greatly appreciated. 

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 9:59 PM

All replies

• User61956409 posted

Hi BeaDar,

Welcome to ASP.NET forum.

Firstly, are you sure that there are no errors? please check whether AjaxControlToolkit.dll is included in your bin folder.

Besides, you could try to use other AjaxControlToolKit controls and redeploy the project to server, then you could test if only RoundedCorners extender control is not working.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Thursday, May 19, 2016 2:14 AM
  • User-1275064854 posted

yes I do not see any errors.  the AjaxControlToolkit.dll is included in the bin folder.  I have tried another extension (the masked edit) and it did not work as well.  The page displays just fine on the server side, but as if there are no Ajax controls being used.  Thanks  

Friday, May 20, 2016 4:23 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi BeaDar,

Are you sure there are no error? I could not reproduce the issue on my side, so I am not sure what causes the issue. Please try to repackage and redeploy the project and test it if same issue appears.

Best Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, May 23, 2016 8:41 AM
  • User753101303 posted

Hi,

You could also use F12 in your browser to check for JavaScript and/or http errors. For now it looks like some JavaScript files needed by this toolkit are not loaded propertly...  Do you see 404 not found status code when using F12 ?

Monday, October 24, 2016 5:22 PM
  • User-691209617 posted

Hi,

Are the .net Framework versions both the same on your local machine a server ?

If you can get on the server or the wherever you're publishing the site, please ensure that .NEt 4.0 is in fact installed on it. Check the following path C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework 

Can you please try Compare both config files and make sure they match, except of course where they should differ in connection strings depending on if you're using some type of development DB.

You'll probably see an assemblies tag on the web config file on your local machine and that needs to be also on your web config file on the production server.

Your assemblies would look something like this:

<assemblies>    
                <add assembly="System.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
                <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
                <add assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>
    </assemblies>

Hope it helps!

Monday, October 24, 2016 5:29 PM