none
Java web application using Visual Studio 2015

Question

• I knew to run JAVA Console Application in Visual Studio 2015, But now i am searching to create a 'JAVA web Application' using my favourite IDE Visual studio 2015.

Please guide me..

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 6:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Dinesh,

The only extension I know is the one that we linked to you. I fear that you will not find better support at the moment. It is really uncommon to develop Java with Visual Studio and my recommendation would be to not use Visual Studio for such Java Development.

I like to use Visual Studio with ReSharper for non Java Development and IntelliJ for Java projects. There are of course a lot of differences (the technology in the enterprise world is already different!) but for me it was very important to have the same key bindings without much work. (ReSharper brings the option to switch to IntelliJ keybindings.)

But that is just my personal view and I don't know if that is useful for you in any way.

With kind regards,

Konrad 

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Dinesh Nagrale,

Thanks for you post.

Maybe you could try to use this visual studio plugin to support the java language:

Reference:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/bc561769-36ff-4a40-9504-e266e8706f93

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, April 21, 2016 1:46 AM
  • Hi Lake,

Thanks for reply,

I used this plugin and it work me for simple console application. But now i want to use Visual Studio 2015 to create 'JSP' project (as Netbeans,Eclipse) as i need to work in java web but dont want to leave my fevorite IDE Visual Studio.

Please guide me..

Dinesh Nagrale

Friday, April 22, 2016 9:26 AM
  • Hi Dinesh,

The only extension I know is the one that we linked to you. I fear that you will not find better support at the moment. It is really uncommon to develop Java with Visual Studio and my recommendation would be to not use Visual Studio for such Java Development.

I like to use Visual Studio with ReSharper for non Java Development and IntelliJ for Java projects. There are of course a lot of differences (the technology in the enterprise world is already different!) but for me it was very important to have the same key bindings without much work. (ReSharper brings the option to switch to IntelliJ keybindings.)

But that is just my personal view and I don't know if that is useful for you in any way.

With kind regards,

Konrad 

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:24 AM
  • Thanks Konrad,Lake

I need to move on JAVA supported IDE.

Thanks for your useful help.

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:47 AM