none
HELP! Can not uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 .... RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying to uninstall Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 for days now so that i can upgrade to 3.0 and use zune to download a song for a freind and fix my computer issues ashampoo win optemizer 3 platnum messed up, and it meesed alot up real bad on my machine. I use windows xp pro, ibm/lenovo thinkpad x40 and i cannot uninstall this update in order to fix my issue and replace it with the compleate file. Its possable i may have a few corupted O.S. files. If so it was from that program i formentioned. I have tryed; uninstalling from "add and remove programs", manual uninstalling, overwriting with a freshly downloaded copy, run then C:\temp dotnetframework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp /c:"msiexec.exe /i c:\temp\netfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus" then ok ...... and then some things, no luck. I need this Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 gone so i can fix my issue.  Thanks.
    Friday, April 4, 2008 7:52 AM

Answers

• I believe you cannot have .NET Framework 3.0 without 2.0, since 3.0 extends 2.0, not replaces it

Friday, April 4, 2008 9:47 AM

All replies

• I believe you cannot have .NET Framework 3.0 without 2.0, since 3.0 extends 2.0, not replaces it

Friday, April 4, 2008 9:47 AM
  • I am not trying to do all that, but thanks for trying. what i am trying to do is upgrade to net framework 3.0. it wont let me. possably a courupt registry entry from installing and using win optemizer platnums easy all in one button, not sure. What i do know is that part of its there, the uninstall file is not,(found this part out upon a repair attempt.) My computers automatic update function is on and it cant install netframework 3.0 without removing 2.0. 2.0 wont budge, my computer takes a half a hour to turn off instead of less than a minut like it should and its really anoying. If you can help, great. I will reply within 3 days time next reply, if usefull. i simply dident know how to properly respond to your comment or how to get you to understand exactly what the issue is. i had to reaserch it more, my apolagys.
    Friday, May 9, 2008 12:37 AM