none
F# and code contracts

Answers

• Hi Kurt,

unfortunately we haven't yet had the cycles to make the tools work better on F#.

Cheers, -MaF (Manuel Fahndrich)
    • Marked as answer by Kurt46n2 Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:48 PM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:43 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Kurt,

unfortunately we haven't yet had the cycles to make the tools work better on F#.

Cheers, -MaF (Manuel Fahndrich)
    • Marked as answer by Kurt46n2 Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:48 PM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:43 PM
    Owner
  • Too bad - you seem to be almost there! As far as I can see, only the rewriting for constructors does not work (because F# insists on putting assignments to fields before everything else in the contstructor?).

The extra tab in properties in C# projects looks like it's a very straightforward port - basically I just copied the CodeContracts related tags to an F# projects, added the CONTRACTS_FULL constant and the rewriter kicked in.

I've only done very limited testing, but so far, looks like it's usable.

Kurt

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:48 PM
  • Hi, 

I would also like to voice my request for improved integration and support of code contracts in F#. The expressiveness of F# in tandem with code contracts is an absolute must.

Please could MS prioritize this.

Regards,

Huw.

Monday, July 12, 2010 9:26 AM
  • F# needs much better tool support all round, if getting it to work with Code Contracts (at least sans code contracts inside object constructors) is as simply as Kurt suggests, it may as well be used as a stop gap barring better support later if at all. I have used code contracts, and I think that they would be a good match with F#'s "point-free" style of piped data. However, I found myself writing C# projects that call on my F# before relying on System.Diagnostics or Pex and NUnit, as tool support for C# when it comes to testing is just so much nicer. Even a little bit of a tool support boost on the F# side might make this unnecessary.
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Since F# is geared towards data manipulation/computation CodeContracts for F# would be even more powerful feature than in C#. IMHO it is definitely worth the effort.

Thursday, May 08, 2014 3:12 PM
  • I also want F# with proper contracts
    Friday, May 16, 2014 8:29 AM
  • Just zero improvements with new version with respect to F#. How dissapointing!
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:01 PM