Waterfall Report / Dates on Horizontal Axis RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create a waterfall report and I have dates on my horizontal axis.  For some Reason I  cant lay out the data in order to order service dates and Posting Dates in such a way that my vertical axis labels are service dates, and my horizontal axis are accounting posting dates  - The values for bars in the chart should be a calculate percentage - or value -

(I do know how to add a secondary Axis! :))

Does anyone know how to do this in SSRS 2008R2?

KDW

Thursday, March 5, 2015 12:30 AM

Answers

• Hi siera_gld,,

Based on my understanding, you want to display those values when [SRVC YRMO] value is not equal to [Post Year Month] value, right?

In this scenario, you can specify the expression for value like below:
    =IIF(Fields!Post_Year_Month.Value <> Fields!SRVC_YRMO.Value, Fields!value.Value,nothing)

Please refer to our test results:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, March 9, 2015 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi siera_gld,

Based on my understanding, you want to order [SRVC YRMO] field on the horizontal axis and [Post Year Month] field as a series within a chart, right?

If so, in your scenario, you can design the report like below:

Otherwise, please provide report design and expected results for our analysis. If possible, please provide some screenshots about expected chart.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu

Friday, March 6, 2015 8:57 AM
  • No ..that is not what I need.

I just meet one bar to reflect the percentage shown where the SVC yr no intersects with the post yr month.  Can I limit this in the value of the bar chart with an expression?

KDW

Friday, March 6, 2015 11:04 AM
  • Hi siera_gld,,

Based on my understanding, you want to display those values when [SRVC YRMO] value is not equal to [Post Year Month] value, right?

In this scenario, you can specify the expression for value like below:
    =IIF(Fields!Post_Year_Month.Value <> Fields!SRVC_YRMO.Value, Fields!value.Value,nothing)

Please refer to our test results:

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu

Monday, March 9, 2015 12:53 PM
  • Not clear what you have tried but this should be relatively easy to create using a Matrix setting the row group to SRVC YRMO and the Column Group to Post Year Month. The detail cell would simply contain your formula for the percentage.

Can you provide more details on what you have tried?

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Monday, March 9, 2015 9:16 PM