What is my android package name? RRS feed

• Question

• User134893 posted

I am developing a Forms app and would like to implement maps into my application.

I have already tested my functionality with Windows Phone and iOS, but I am not sure what my package name is for android.

Going into ProjectName.Driod->Properties->AndroidManifest.xml, all I see is this with no package name. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"> <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="19" /> <application></application> </manifest>

If i do not assign an sha1 fingerprint and package name to the google console credentials, the android application will work, but I cannot seem to get the package name right and only get a grey screen when I provide a package name.

Where can I find my package name?

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:14 PM

All replies

• User57571 posted

You just have to right click on the Android project the properties, inside Build there will be an Android Application section inside this one you'll find the Package Name.

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:51 PM
  • User134893 posted

Under Properties > Application I only get the assembly name, default namespace and targets. My manifest is completely empty. Should I just give my a name to my package or is there a specified xamarin package name?

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:15 PM
  • User102046 posted

@KevinGuevara

You should add it yourself ... we do this way as well.

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:35 PM
  • User148099 posted

For Reference: you wont find your package name under Build , but under Android Manifest :

right click on the Android project => properties =>Android Manifest (you can write it yourself if it is empty)

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 7:48 PM
  • User238866 posted
        right click on the Android project => properties =>Android Manifest (you can write it yourself if it is empty)

did the same thing but no luck

I think xamarin is not yet evolved that much which can be used for professional projects

Saturday, November 5, 2016 12:37 PM
  • User184699 posted

So I accidentally found out that if I double clicked on the properties item under my .droid project, It would load the android manifest in a way that I could see the Application Name and the package name. I am not sure but you may need to manually go into the manifest file manually and add a package entry to the main manifest line as seen below before it will appear in the UI but either way - now I can see it and change it easily in the UI

Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:26 PM