none
Windows Phone Certificate Question

Question

• Hi ,

I have recently created a Windows app with Phonegap, I have tested it on the windows emulator and all seems to work great. 

So now i need to code sign the app but im not having it on the Windows App store as this will be sent to a client for him to load on the devices as he wishes. What i need to know is do i need a Enterprise licence from Symantec to code sign the windows app as at the moment it fails on install with This one isn’t signed with a trusted certificate (0x800B0100).

Or is there any way i need to do this.

Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

• Edited by EbyDesign Friday, November 25, 2016 12:47 PM
    Friday, November 25, 2016 12:42 PM

Answers

• After contacting Symantec a couple of times and finally getting through to some one who understood what i was asking the answer was Yes this is the Certificate that i needed to Purchase. 

Now it's on to Code Signing lol.

• Marked as answer by EbyDesign Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>What i need to know is do i need a Enterprise licence from Symantec to code sign the windows app as at the moment it fails on install with This one isn’t signed with a trusted certificate (0x800B0100).

If you're going to distribute your app to Enterprise, you'd better sign your app package using the certificate from Symantec. Also, you can create your code signing certificate manually, if you're not developing an enterprise app. Besides, if you want to upload your app to the Store, the Windows Store will sign your app with your publisher info automatically.

You may refer to How to create an app package signing certificate using MakeCert.exe and Pvk2Pfx.exe.

After that, you can use SignTool to sign your packages so that they can be deployed on the device on which you should install the certificate first.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 28, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Thanks for the Reply,

I have looked into the Makecert and Pvk2pfx and did manage to create the certificate. This option isn't going to work as the client for which i am creating this for will not want to install the certificate on all the phones (10,000).

Also the App has sensitive information in,so uploading this to the app store is not an option.

At the moment as this is the first time i have done a windows app i just want to make sure that the purchase for the Enterprise License is some think which i have to do in order to get this on there own mobile devices.

Thanks for help.

• Edited by EbyDesign Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:15 PM
    Thursday, December 1, 2016 1:14 PM
  • After contacting Symantec a couple of times and finally getting through to some one who understood what i was asking the answer was Yes this is the Certificate that i needed to Purchase. 

Now it's on to Code Signing lol.

• Marked as answer by EbyDesign Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:53 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 2:53 PM