Help for Facebook app bar icons

Question

• Hi,

We ought to use face book and twitter icons in App bar. We are designing the app with html5.

Here are the sample set of icons which were designed. 

Where as the icons below when used in light mode display perfectly..

Could some one tell me where am i going wrong in designing for dark theme..

If any had already designed, glad if u share those images.

Stuck bound.. Requesting help badly...

Attaching set of icons used in link ,as here only two images could be used.

Thanks & Regards Tejaswi Chandrapatla

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• How are you displaying the icons and which ones are you using? From the behavior you describe it sounds like you have a black on transparent icon, which ends up black on black.

Figure out which icon you are using and define it with appropriate colors for your app's theme

Monday, November 18, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Rob,

Should I need to use two separate sets for dark theme and light theme or only one single set is sufficient to be used for both. My themes are equivalent to ui-dark and ui-light themes directly.

The icons are not actually transparent, They are white in color, so as to appear on dark theme.

I'm referring icons set 2 for light theme and icon set 1 for dark theme.

Thanks & Regards Tejaswi Chandrapatla

• Edited by Teja510 Monday, November 18, 2013 5:51 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 5:49 AM
  • You would need different icons for dark and light themes, but since you choose which theme the app uses you need only the one that matches. This is different from Windows Phone

You will also need different icons for high contrast and high contrast white themes, since the user can select those. See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh965372.aspx

--Rob

Monday, November 18, 2013 4:03 PM