none
Cannot install SSL certificate from GoDaddy on IIS 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install SSL certificate purchased from GoDaddy on my Azure virtual machine running Windows Server 2019. My domain is craftfair.co.in registered with GoDaddy and I am using this guide : https://in.godaddy.com/help/iis-10-install-a-certificate-27349

When I try to follow the instruction in 11. under "Install an SSL certificate in IIS 10", I have no SSL certificate to select so I can not move forward.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Monday, February 11, 2019 12:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Anupam, 

Can you try installing the certificate in your VM first and then try searching it in the certificate store?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

• Marked as answer by Anupam001 Monday, February 11, 2019 5:17 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 12:42 PM
  • Hi, 

What kind of certificate did they send to you.

At most cases the extension should be .pfx (includes SSL and Private Key File). 

In a similar problem that I have dealt with, I asked and they resent me the .pfx file, and it worked.

Please, If you think your question has been answered click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Monday, February 11, 2019 1:21 PM
  • They sent me a zip file and it contains two files, one with .crt extension and other with .p7b extension.
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:30 PM
  • I am trying to install the certificate but I am not able to move forward beyond a point. I mentioned the issue in my question.
    Monday, February 11, 2019 2:41 PM
  • Once you installed the certificate, you can find it on the Trusted Root certificate of your certificate store. So when you execute the 11th step, you will be able to see this certificate there. 

Regards, 

Msrini

• Marked as answer by Anupam001 Monday, February 11, 2019 5:17 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2019 3:11 PM
  • How do I install the certificate in VM?
    Monday, February 11, 2019 3:13 PM
  • Hi, 

You may find this useful.

Related Links:

Please, If you think your question has been answered click "Mark as Answer" if just helped click "Vote as helpful". This can be beneficial to other community members reading this forum thread.

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:17 PM
  • I am not able to complete step under 31. For SSL Certificate, select the SSL certificate you just installed, and then click OK because there is no SSL Certificate to select. The window that opens has no SSL Certificate in it.

Monday, February 11, 2019 3:50 PM
  • Sounds weird...

In the Start-Run, type MMC.

Then as the image below shows Add Snap-ins (Certificates for My User Account and Computer Account), and check if there your SSL saved. If not ask the GoDaddy support Dept, if they can send you a .pfx file and just install it.

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:14 PM
  • Where can I find Trusted Root certificate?
    Monday, February 11, 2019 5:16 PM
  • Check the following image. But, the SSL is located in the "Personal" folder.

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:30 PM