Charm bar with language issue

Question

• After I use override function to change the application language from "en-us" to "zh-tw", and call "WinJS.Resources.processAll()", everything is OK except charm setting view, I mean the setting list view. I really dynamically set the title of each settings:

var account = WinJS.Resources.getString("account");
     WinJS.Application.onsettings = function (e) {
    e.detail.applicationcommands = {
                "Account": { title: account.value, href: "/pages/settings/account/account.html" },

};
            WinJS.UI.SettingsFlyout.populateSettings(e);
    };

Is anyone know how to reload this charm setting view, or other way to make it correctly shown?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 1:48 AM

All replies

• You must have language specific resource files .

So in your solution create a folder "strings" create sub folders for the languages you are supporting like "en-US". Then create a file "resources.resjson" in each language folder.

Put the keys : values in the following format: in each of the file. Make sure filename is same in each folder and keys in the files are same as well.

{
     "Key1": "Value1",
     "Key2":"Value2"

}

In the manifest file set the default Language to your desired one, e.g en-US.

And then in your code change the line as:

"Account": { title: WinJS.Resources.getString("Key1").value, href: "/pages/settings/account/account.html" },

Run the app. and then 

Go to control panel -> All control Panel Items -> Language.

Make sure the language which is the desired one is at the top.

restart the app (not a must for sure).... you should be able to see the changes.

Hope it helps

Arindam Basu

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:21 PM