Could not find out runtime .Net control when using the Search condition's properties in QueryID for searching. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I'm using the search condition's properties in QueyID for searching runtime .Net control in my applilcation.

And this is my problem:

1. Enter some text into .Net Control.

2. And when I run debug, I converted control's window UIElementTechnology to get QueryID and then get the search condition's properties (see following image).

3. But the gererate code for searching this control is differrence with the properties in QueryID => These are not happen on WPF.

And when I add ControlName propertiy together the properties in QueryID to SearchProperties, the playback fail by can not found control with those search properties.

So how could I get the properties that CUI generated code for searching control correctly?

CUI Solution and Sample app: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=B873F5C968C76BC7&id=B873F5C968C76BC7%21119#cid=B873F5C968C76BC7&id=B873F5C968C76BC7%21137

Hope to see your reply soon.

Best regards,

Hien Su

Sugia279 Don't try don't future

• Edited by sugia279 Monday, June 3, 2013 2:04 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2013 4:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Hien,

Sorry for my delay.

But the gererate code for searching this control is differrence with the properties in QueryID => These are not happen on WPF.

Just to make this issue clearly, you are testing the Windows Forms apps, it worked well in all WPF apps, but all Windows Forms apps have this issue, am I right?

In some Microsoft's document, they said that using QueryID to get the search properties. And in QueryID had SearchCondition item to get the search properties.

Maybe you could share us some documents about the above issue, I’m not very sure how you get all search properties with QueryID, but based on your screen shots, when you add the Cross hair on the specific control, its ControlType value is Edit, ControlName value is txtNumOfMenu. But if you see the second screen shot, you get all properties in QueryID, they are all different, for example, ControlType value is WindowsForms…, ControlName value is Window, so it means that it is not the same control, I doubt that if you add Cross hair on the whole Window Form like the following screen shot, you would get the same search properties for it.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Hien,

Just to make this issue clearly, do you mean that you get list properties for your control like this thread?

Did you make sure that the specific property is the search properties?

We could get the search properties if we add the Cross hair on the control, like the screen shots provided by you, the search property is the ControlName= “txtNumOfMenu”; If you add the Cross hair on the control, ControlName= “txtNumOfMenu”, so it seems that it is right.

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let me know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, May 31, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank for your reply.
    Q1: do you mean that you get list properties for your control like this 
    thread?

A: Yes, I want get list properties which I can add them to SearchProperties to find control like the properties that CUI genarated code to find out control.

Q2: Did you make sure that the specific property is the search properties?

A: Yes, in some Microsoft's document, they said that using QueryID to get the search properties. And in QueryID had SearchCondition item to get the search properties.

My Problem: How to get the seach properties that CUI generated them to find out control after recording like below image.

Best regards,

Hien Su

Sugia279 Don't try don't future

Monday, June 3, 2013 2:19 AM
  • Hi Hien,

Sorry for my delay.

But the gererate code for searching this control is differrence with the properties in QueryID => These are not happen on WPF.

Just to make this issue clearly, you are testing the Windows Forms apps, it worked well in all WPF apps, but all Windows Forms apps have this issue, am I right?

In some Microsoft's document, they said that using QueryID to get the search properties. And in QueryID had SearchCondition item to get the search properties.

Maybe you could share us some documents about the above issue, I’m not very sure how you get all search properties with QueryID, but based on your screen shots, when you add the Cross hair on the specific control, its ControlType value is Edit, ControlName value is txtNumOfMenu. But if you see the second screen shot, you get all properties in QueryID, they are all different, for example, ControlType value is WindowsForms…, ControlName value is Window, so it means that it is not the same control, I doubt that if you add Cross hair on the whole Window Form like the following screen shot, you would get the same search properties for it.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:10 AM