How to access SIMD in VS2015 .NET 4.6? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello. I'm having trouble finding up to date documentation regarding the SIMD implementation in .NET 4.6 and I can't seem to get started. I'm using VS2015 community edition and I'm targeting v4.6 of the framework. I've added a reference to "System.Numerics.Vectors" by right-clicking "References -> Add reference..." in the Solution Explorer and pointing to the reference. However, when I add "using System.Numerics.Vectors" in my source file I'm getting an error saying the namespace doesn't exist. Is there some sort of nugget package I need to install for this? If so, what's the procedure (I'm new to nugget)? Thank you in advance.

-L

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:07 PM

Answers

• Okay, it seems that yes this is some nugget thing:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dotnet/archive/2015/07/20/announcing-net-framework-4-6.aspx

I've right clicked my solution, selected "Manage Nuget packages for solution...", pulled up System.Numerics.Vectors and then clicked the install button. Everything seemed to install just fine but I'm still getting the namespace error when specifying "using System.Numerics.Vectors". Intellisense doesn't seem to see anything past "System.Numerics". What am I doing wrong here?

Edit: There appears to be some seriously obsolete example code out there. All I need to reference is "System.Numerics". This namespace has the vector types. Thanks folks.

• Marked as answer by LKeene Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:13 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LKeene Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:17 PM
    • Edited by LKeene Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by LKeene Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:24 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LKeene Friday, August 7, 2015 5:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by LKeene Friday, August 7, 2015 5:30 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:13 PM