Unable to create a container from portal or any other 3rd party app RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am using an Azure Storage Blob account as a file server for a small business. I am then using Cloudberry to map a drive to it so users can save their files to it. 

All of a sudden I am no longer able to create "file folders" or virtual directory containers within my main container. I don't have an option to create a new "subfolder" or container from the portal, Azure Explorer, or any other 3rd party. When I create a folder from the mapped drive it does not replicate to the storage account. I can add new files without any problems, but it won't work with folders. Are their limitations on the amount of containers I can add? I am not sure why this all of a sudden stopped working for me. Any help would be much appreciated. I am pretty new to all this. 

Thanks,

Matt

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Matt,

check azure storage limits :

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/azure-subscription-service-limits/#storage-limits

Regards

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

In addition to Antimo Musone!

Recently released Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer enables you to manage Azure Blob Storage resources, including the ability to visually create, read, update, and delete blob containers and blobs, as well as manage access to your blobs containers and blobs.

Regards,

Vikranth S.

• Proposed as answer by vikranth s Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:28 AM
    Saturday, September 3, 2016 2:58 PM